Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS DISCUSSION THREAD

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Re: DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS DISCUSSION THREAD

Postby MajorBA » Jan 29. 2016, 19:01

I'm surprised this thread doesn't run hot all the time, being this is an MMA site. Supps are a staple in this industry, and I'm sure a lot of you that don't fight are into bodybuilding, powerlifting, and other strength training and physical fitness endeavors.
Therefore, I'll bump it up again and ask a question:
Even before the prohormone ban, many natural and/or herbal testosterone boosters such as DHEA, Tribulus, LongJack, ZMA, Stinging Nettle, etc., sold well with some compelling research and testimonials to back their claims. After the ban, we saw D Aspartic Acid, Boron, and many other not so natural or herbal products hit the market that all appear to act by similar mechanisms. Either stimulation of the pituitary gland to secrete more leutenizing hormone, triggering the testes to produce more DHEA, or by blocking estrogen conversion.

None of these are likely to elevate levels into the supra physiological spectrum, but do appear to increase test, particularly in subjects who are low to begin with.

So I said all that to say this: What products have any of you tried? What worked and what didn't? What do you think is the best product you have used? What is the best product on the market today?

I'm no spring chicken, and I'm always looking for an edge without crossing the line. Never juiced, never will. For all of the obvious reasons, plus I promised my father before he passed on that I'd never do steroids. He thought I was, because I got really big quick, where I'd been skinny most of my life. I was just lifting heavy and often, which in itself is the best test booster I've found.

The best effect I've noticed from a product was combining NOW Testo Jack (LJ100, ZMA, some tribulus) with Avena Sativa (Oat Straw). Enough (too much) about me. What's your story?

http://fight.mmasharevideo.com
Rogue Rique

Kyle4hire
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Kyle4hire » Jan 30. 2016, 04:20

Does anyone have experience with isogenixs?

mpac
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby mpac » Jan 31. 2016, 03:48

Is milk bad for you?

mpac
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby mpac » Jan 31. 2016, 03:50

Is almond milk healthy?

mpac
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby mpac » Jan 31. 2016, 03:51

Is almond milk healthy?

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Jan 31. 2016, 08:57

mpac wrote:Is almond milk healthy?

It's cholesterol and lactose free, but IMO you might as well be drinking vitamin water, it has no protein value.
Rogue Rique

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
Location: DOGPAIL INDUSTRIES: A legendary movement run by Phteves

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Jan 31. 2016, 10:44

mpac wrote:Is almond milk healthy?

http://www.motherjones.com/tom-philpott/2014/07/lay-off-almond-milk-ignorant-hipsters

no not unhealthy, interesting article here

Kronlk
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby Kronlk » Jan 31. 2016, 23:14

Can anyone give me a good multivitamin recommendation? I am just about out of the ones I got now which are just plain Centrum ones but I do not really dig them too much, I feel like they don't absorb nearly as well as the powder pill ones I had before as Centrum is just a chalky hard pill. One of the main reasons I can tell seems to be in my piss :lol:, when I have a powder version my piss is a bit more glowy from the vitamin B2 from what I read, when you get more of it in your system you pee out the extra and that just doesn't happen with the Centrum which supposedly has more vitamins and minerals in it.

I was thinking about buying some Orange Triad multivitamins as it supports joints and digestion as well from what I have been reading but it is also in the big chalky pill form. Reading review sites just promotes their own brand and doesn't seem to give you an honest opinion, the only thing I was working off was going to bodybuilding.com and checking out their top rated brands but it seems some of those brands is overkill for me, as I don't lift regularly and sometimes I am not quite as active as I should be. Obviously the cheaper the better would be ideal but can you guys recommend me some good brands?
How taste my peepee.

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Feb 1. 2016, 02:56

Kronlk wrote:Can anyone give me a good multivitamin recommendation? I am just about out of the ones I got now which are just plain Centrum ones but I do not really dig them too much, I feel like they don't absorb nearly as well as the powder pill ones I had before as Centrum is just a chalky hard pill. One of the main reasons I can tell seems to be in my piss :lol:, when I have a powder version my piss is a bit more glowy from the vitamin B2 from what I read, when you get more of it in your system you pee out the extra and that just doesn't happen with the Centrum which supposedly has more vitamins and minerals in it.

I was thinking about buying some Orange Triad multivitamins as it supports joints and digestion as well from what I have been reading but it is also in the big chalky pill form. Reading review sites just promotes their own brand and doesn't seem to give you an honest opinion, the only thing I was working off was going to bodybuilding.com and checking out their top rated brands but it seems some of those brands is overkill for me, as I don't lift regularly and sometimes I am not quite as active as I should be. Obviously the cheaper the better would be ideal but can you guys recommend me some good brands?

GNC Mega Men have always been considered good. Easily absorbed, and have a lot more in them than Centrums. You will definitely see the "glow" in your urine that you are talking about. They have a lot of B vitamins in them. They are big horse pills though. They make a liquid version that is tastes terrible, and a chew version that doesn't have as much goodies in them. I would opt for the horse pills if you can swallow them.
Rogue Rique

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Feb 1. 2016, 19:04

Kronlk wrote:Can anyone give me a good multivitamin recommendation? I am just about out of the ones I got now which are just plain Centrum ones but I do not really dig them too much, I feel like they don't absorb nearly as well as the powder pill ones I had before as Centrum is just a chalky hard pill. One of the main reasons I can tell seems to be in my piss :lol:, when I have a powder version my piss is a bit more glowy from the vitamin B2 from what I read, when you get more of it in your system you pee out the extra and that just doesn't happen with the Centrum which supposedly has more vitamins and minerals in it.

where approximately do u live?

Kronlk
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby Kronlk » Feb 2. 2016, 07:01

RICH_DOGPAIL wrote:

Southern Ontario, right on the border.
How taste my peepee.

Kronlk
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby Kronlk » Feb 2. 2016, 07:04

MajorBA wrote:

GNC Mega Men have always been considered good. Easily absorbed, and have a lot more in them than Centrums. You will definitely see the "glow" in your urine that you are talking about. They have a lot of B vitamins in them. They are big horse pills though. They make a liquid version that is tastes terrible, and a chew version that doesn't have as much goodies in them. I would opt for the horse pills if you can swallow them.

Thanks for the recommendation, will look into them. Without sounding like a man whore, I have never had a problem swallowing huge pills :lol:. I was real close to ordering some Orange Triads earlier because you get x1.5 the amount of them on this site and was gonna order some more fish oil pills. It sucks for me because the shipping and tax is just about as much as the products themselves lol, there is no cheap shipping to Canada.
How taste my peepee.

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Feb 2. 2016, 11:08

Kronlk wrote:
RICH_DOGPAIL wrote:

Southern Ontario, right on the border.

Then I would recommend Progressive multivit for men

https://www.progressivenutritional.com/products/adult-men/

Formulated by Mikael Adams, pretty decent store bought multi that should be easily found in ONT. Adams is from Milton I believe.

Good results with this one, not sure what the dosing is on the back but I would never do more than one a day after eating.

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”