FightVideoLetter:
FORUM | VIDEOS | TALK

World's Strongest Man 2016

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
Loki
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

World's Strongest Man 2016

Postby Loki » Mar 13. 2017, 14:17

jkdfist
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Re: World's Strongest Man 2016

Postby jkdfist » Mar 13. 2017, 14:23

Wonder what this guy's eating regimen is?  Here is what the "Mountain" last years winner eats, the Thor Bjornsson Diet:

http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/thor-bjornsson-diet-what-mountain-eats-his-strongman-training

Wow!   I also wonder how these guy's blood pressure is?  Can you imagine the work their heart does?  Good thing if you were to ever piss one off you could at least outrun them. haha

angst
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby angst » Mar 15. 2017, 05:38

jkdfist wrote:Wonder what this guy's eating regimen is?  Here is what the "Mountain" last years winner eats, the Thor Bjornsson Diet:

http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/thor-bjornsson-diet-what-mountain-eats-his-strongman-training

Wow!   I also wonder how these guy's blood pressure is?  Can you imagine the work their heart does?  Good thing if you were to ever piss one off you could at least outrun them. haha

the mountain has never won world's strongest man. he was 2nd a couple of times and europes stronget man he won twice but he's not the machine brian shaw is

jkdfist
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby jkdfist » Mar 15. 2017, 14:25

angst wrote:
jkdfist wrote:Wonder what this guy's eating regimen is?  Here is what the "Mountain" last years winner eats, the Thor Bjornsson Diet:

the mountain has never won world's strongest man. he was 2nd a couple of times and europes stronget man he won twice but he's not the machine brian shaw is

I stand corrected, thx, it was Iceland Championship he won so many 1st places, so yea props to Shaw.

Gogh
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Gogh » Mar 15. 2017, 14:49

the guy eats like 12 lbs of food a day :shock:
in mma's dark age of roids, gsp was the best conditioned of them all. things that make you go hhhhmmmmmm

mma is a dog n pony show disguised as a legitimately run sport

angst
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby angst » Mar 15. 2017, 18:17

Gogh wrote:

the guy eats like 12 lbs of food a day  :shock:

overeems old diet was more than that.
they nearly all die young, its really depressing actually. im surprised and glad to see bill kazmeier is still healthy

Gogh
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Gogh » Mar 15. 2017, 18:27

angst wrote:
Gogh wrote:

the guy eats like 12 lbs of food a day  :shock:

they nearly all die young, its really depressing actually. im surprised and glad to see bill kazmeier is still healthy

bill kaz, wow that's a name from the past. he is a beast

super general statement here: i think the dying young thing is partly due to the amount of tissue a human has as we age. the less tissue (fat and/or muscle) the less the heart has to work (the heart failing is the number one killer in men and women). essentially the less tissue the more efficient a human body is. obviously too little tissue is bad too

research shows that restricting caloric intake in older mice and people helps them live longer. kinda interesting idea because fasting as been around a long time

one last comment to support this general statement. there was a recent study to see which athletes live the longest. turns out it's tennis players. maybe the leanest athletes?
in mma's dark age of roids, gsp was the best conditioned of them all. things that make you go hhhhmmmmmm

mma is a dog n pony show disguised as a legitimately run sport

angst
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby angst » Mar 16. 2017, 05:53

Gogh wrote:
angst wrote:
Gogh wrote:the guy eats like 12 lbs of food a day  :shock:

bill kaz, wow that's a name from the past. he is a beast

super general statement here: i think the dying young thing is partly due to the amount of tissue a human has as we age. the less tissue (fat and/or muscle) the less the heart has to work (the heart failing is the number one killer in men and women). essentially the less tissue the more efficient a human body is. obviously too little tissue is bad too

research shows that restricting caloric intake in older mice and people helps them live longer. kinda interesting idea because fasting as been around a long time

one last comment to support this general statement. there was a recent study to see which athletes live the longest. turns out it's tennis players. maybe the leanest athletes?

so the answer was tennis all along. most rich people seem to think its golf, but no need to tell them.
there was also a study done comparing life longevity of endurance vs. sprint athletes and it was the sprint athletes that generally live longer.
with these strong men beasts i think its partially the drugs (peds) they take and partially the size they become. it applies to particularly tall people too, the bigger you are the more tissue you have the more tissue that can degenerate or mutate. strong men in particular have absolutely huge hearts and that they mostly die of heart failure can be no coincidence.

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ LOGIN HERE ]