Follow by Email
FORUM | VIDEOS | TALK | NSFW

Dominick Cruz vs Cody Garbrandt

MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
MajorBA
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Re: Dominick Cruz vs Cody Garbrandt

Postby MajorBA » Jan 8. 2017, 22:16

unmapped wrote:looked like most of the knockdowns were slips and headbutts

Hard to stay balanced against a hard hitter that plants when one is Twinkle Toeing.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face."-Mike Tyson

unmapped
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby unmapped » Jan 9. 2017, 08:24

remember cody doing sprints to the center. if dominic never chased thered be no fight

pwk
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby pwk » Jan 9. 2017, 20:34

MajorBA wrote:
pwk wrote:Think its funny how everyone was picking Cruz, glad to see the back of him, never rated him or his style. Glad you were all wrong and I was right on this one.

Not everyone had Twinkle Toes to win.  I didn't, nor did many others.  Glad to see the back of him sounds extremely homo. I guess whatever kind of wording makes you feel more relevant there, Hopscotch.

Oh josh, everything is homo to you I'm sure, such tired real man talk. Understand the english language and metaphors before getting your gorilla smart ass on.

MajorBA
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Jan 10. 2017, 09:55

pwk wrote:
MajorBA wrote:
pwk wrote:Think its funny how everyone was picking Cruz, glad to see the back of him, never rated him or his style. Glad you were all wrong and I was right on this one.

Not everyone had Twinkle Toes to win.  I didn't, nor did many others.  Glad to see the back of him sounds extremely homo. I guess whatever kind of wording makes you feel more relevant there, Hopscotch.

Oh josh, everything is homo to you I'm sure, such tired real man talk. Understand the english language and metaphors before getting your gorilla smart ass on.

Oh Shirley, you can do better.  I'm not even Joshing.
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face."-Mike Tyson

pwk
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby pwk » Jan 10. 2017, 16:02

MajorBA wrote:
pwk wrote:
MajorBA wrote:Not everyone had Twinkle Toes to win.  I didn't, nor did many others.  Glad to see the back of him sounds extremely homo. I guess whatever kind of wording makes you feel more relevant there, Hopscotch.

Oh Shirley, you can do better.  I'm not even Joshing.

Sure if it was worth my time, but its not.....

EmptyHand
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby EmptyHand » Jan 11. 2017, 00:52

unmapped wrote:looked like most of the knockdowns were slips and headbutts

Still licking your wounds? Lol just face reality and accept the fact that Tinkerbell got tooled by the better fighter.
1qa

brycecollins
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby brycecollins » Jan 11. 2017, 06:22

I'm not impressed with Dominic Cruz's return. he looks... thin both physically and in skill.

EmptyHand
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby EmptyHand » Jan 11. 2017, 11:21

brycecollins wrote:I'm not impressed with Dominic Cruz's return. he looks... thin both physically and in skill.

Excuses, excuses.... 1qa

milesnoell
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby milesnoell » Jan 12. 2017, 12:01

Synergy wrote:Dom is one of my favorite fighters and one of the few point fighters I actually enjoyed watching.

What Cody did to him was incredible. Haven't seen anyone come to terms with his movement, let alone hit him that often and that successfully and all the while dodging all of Dom's offense.

I am now really looking forward to how Cody performs against TJ. That should be a hell of a fight.

This is a really interesting case since Cody has been focused on not just getting the title, but taking it from Cruz. He's been at least as goal oriented as any fighter I can think of, and rather than just sharpening his style for the challenge he has been at this so long he has been able to tailor many aspects of his style that likely would have already set if he only focused on the challenge later in his development.
Clearly, much of that specialized training is either shared or at least well known to his long time teammates like TJ. My eyes are on that match up. Could be some totally next level shit or a total stalemate.

TheNecroPhil
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby TheNecroPhil » Jan 13. 2017, 02:49

Hell yeah! Cody ran a clinic on douchebag Dominick

mgc
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby mgc » Jan 17. 2017, 04:49

poughboy101 wrote:Cruz Destroys him. I can't see Cody having anything for Cruz. TKO Rd 3? or easy decision. Bad matchup honestly too early in Cody's career 

yeah i seen that he addressed it, i wrote this before he did. but yeah I've seen a lot of people still saying it was a headbutt and refuse to acknowledge cody was the better fighter that night. dom came out and said if cody wanted to fight him he should have came forward and not ran away the whole fight and dance. you can't  even make that stuff up, it is literally what the critics say of how dom fights. lol. anyway it was a great fight, i would watch a rematch. They both fought great and dom handled the loss like a boss, unlike rousey, he can gice his opponent respect in defeat.

Andrus
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Andrus » Jan 21. 2017, 02:17

The way the fight went brought me a lot of enjoyment. Cruz got outclassed, knocked down twice I think, and we got a new Champ and a great next title fight in the works between Cody and TJ

mexystud
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby mexystud » Feb 3. 2017, 20:49

Finally got around to watching this. Wow! One of the most technical AND entertaining fights I've seen in a long time. Cody's movement was a thing of beauty. Also impressed with Dom's chin. Cody blasted him with a shot would've put most guys away. Dom jumped up in a few seconds and was right back in the fight.

thevillain
Dr. Octagon
Dr. Octagon

Postby thevillain » Feb 5. 2017, 20:11

mexystud wrote:Finally got around to watching this. Wow! One of the most technical AND entertaining fights I've seen in a long time. Cody's movement was a thing of beauty. Also impressed with Dom's chin. Cody blasted him with a shot would've put most guys away. Dom jumped up in a few seconds and was right back in the fight.

Watch Dominicks post fight press as well Bro,most impressive.Pretty sure he will come back stronger.But Garbrandts performance was impressive as f**k this night...I think a rematch with as prepared Cruz could become amazing !
And I say this,even though I'm not a fan of rematches if the fight wasn't really close.

ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ มิวราด

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!