VIDEO Newsletter:
FORUM | FIGHTS | VIDEOS

Dominick Cruz vs Cody Garbrandt

MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
mgc
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: Dominick Cruz vs Cody Garbrandt

Postby mgc » Jan 3. 2017, 11:50

rogan is completely wrong saying the clash of heads caused the cut. the replay showed it was the top of the head closer to the back of the head, not towards the face, that was hit on cruz. it was either the kick, or the punch cody landed, that caused the cut. big john can be heard clearly saying "we have a cut to the head caused by a kick". joe even sounded hesitant, while he was saying it was a headbutt during the replay between rounds, it sounded like he was second guessing himself. i personally believe nig john was correct and it was that kick that caused it. that cut could not have been due to the clash of heads simply because his eye wasn't hit at all in that collision

HandSofIgor
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby HandSofIgor » Jan 4. 2017, 03:38

Rogan was just passing on what the truck told him.. he addressed this on JRE stating he gets a video side by side to the fight and on quick glance if can't determine will take the trucks word

EmptyHand
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby EmptyHand » Jan 4. 2017, 06:04

Hahahaha! So glad that pillow-fisted prick got tooled. He's such a jerk, I loved watching him get dominated, after talking all that crap. I also loved his shit-talk in the post-fight presser to make himself look good, while still making underhanded comments about Cody. Nothing more satisfying than watching a colossal prick squirm. Between the Ronda Lousey fight and Dumbadick Cruz, I have enough MMA jerk off material to last me a month. Time to replay it again! :c

Synergy
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Synergy » Jan 5. 2017, 05:54

Dom is one of my favorite fighters and one of the few point fighters I actually enjoyed watching.

What Cody did to him was incredible. Haven't seen anyone come to terms with his movement, let alone hit him that often and that successfully and all the while dodging all of Dom's offense.

I am now really looking forward to how Cody performs against TJ. That should be a hell of a fight.

Brosstan
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Location: Mountains of Norway, punching trolls square in the face.

Postby Brosstan » Jan 5. 2017, 07:06

The Black Saint wrote:Loved this one, I expected Cody to be able to use his footwork to stay out of trouble for three rounds and KO Dominic within those three rounds, but I thought Dom would cath up with him if the fight went into the 4th and 5th.

Well Dom couldn't catch up, Cody wouldn't let him. Dom got out foot worked, out thought and out fought and it was beautiful to
watch :fb

Exactly what I thought as well. I thought Cody would have the speed to catch him in the first rounds, but when Cruz figured him out he would take over and dominate the latter rounds. And I agree 100%, beautiful fight from Cody, very impressive. Looking forward to seeing more from him, think he'll stay champ for a while.
"Yeah that was when I almost married a crackhead."
- Kraig7777

"She (JM) walked into the room like a smelly fart then and chastised everyone who went to open the window."
- Kazparov

Dendra
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Dendra » Jan 5. 2017, 07:11

Synergy wrote:Dom is one of my favorite fighters and one of the few point fighters I actually enjoyed watching.

What Cody did to him was incredible. Haven't seen anyone come to terms with his movement, let alone hit him that often and that successfully and all the while dodging all of Dom's offense.

I am now really looking forward to how Cody performs against TJ. That should be a hell of a fight.

Cody was basically raised to beat Dom - TAM's been trying to dethrone him for years. It remains to be seen how Cody does against other fighters, i.e. he ducked the best pure grapplers/blankets of the division and just because he beat Dom once doesn't mean he would do it again.

Dom's been ahead of the game for a while and this is the first time that somebody found a way to beat him - so let's give Dom a chance to adjust and see if Cody's camp can come up with a counter to that as well. I mean when you're the top dog, everyone is analyzing you and trying to find the ways to beat you, it's much easier to have a winning recipe when you're an up and comer (and Cody wasn't even top ranked at the start of 2016).
Real mean beats fake nice on any given day.

thevillain
Dr. Octagon
Dr. Octagon

Postby thevillain » Jan 5. 2017, 08:09

Cruz such a boss...his post fight press speech was amazing and humble !!!
ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ มิวราด

king_nico
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby king_nico » Jan 5. 2017, 16:45

fight was a clinic, seemed like cruz more interested in the tv work

pwk
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby pwk » Jan 5. 2017, 20:06

Think its funny how everyone was picking Cruz, glad to see the back of him, never rated him or his style. Glad you were all wrong and I was right on this one.

Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Jan 6. 2017, 13:05

MajorBA
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Jan 6. 2017, 13:48

pwk wrote:Think its funny how everyone was picking Cruz, glad to see the back of him, never rated him or his style. Glad you were all wrong and I was right on this one.

Not everyone had Twinkle Toes to win.  I didn't, nor did many others.  Glad to see the back of him sounds extremely homo. I guess whatever kind of wording makes you feel more relevant there, Hopscotch.
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face."-Mike Tyson

Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Jan 6. 2017, 14:04

MajorBA wrote:
pwk wrote:Think its funny how everyone was picking Cruz, glad to see the back of him, never rated him or his style. Glad you were all wrong and I was right on this one.

Not everyone had Twinkle Toes to win.  I didn't, nor did many others.  Glad to see the back of him sounds extremely homo. I guess whatever kind of wording makes you feel more relevant there, Hopscotch.

:laugh

:ea

ShadyDemon
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby ShadyDemon » Jan 8. 2017, 19:59

Cody was spectacular in this fight. Handle Cruz while dancing. Wonder how he would do against Dillashaw

unmapped
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby unmapped » Jan 8. 2017, 20:30

looked like most of the knockdowns were slips and headbutts

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ LOGIN HERE ]