VIDEO Newsletter:
FORUM | FIGHTS | VIDEOS

Dominick Cruz vs Cody Garbrandt

MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Re: Dominick Cruz vs Cody Garbrandt

Postby Kizzo » Dec 31. 2016, 14:29

TAM gets the last laugh.

Pumped for Cody vs. Dillashaw.

moose84
News Pimp
News Pimp
Location: 5x CRI Champ - XV~LX~LXXX~LXXXI~CVII, 10x VIP Invitational Champ, 2x LMS Champ - I & VIII

Postby moose84 » Dec 31. 2016, 14:37

Kizzo wrote:TAM gets the last laugh.

TAM > DPI

They finally won something as a group
LEATHER, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER! -PAT MILETICH

WHO WANTS A KO FOR CHRISTMAS! -FRANK SHAMROCK

MMI & OCT VS. DPI & GUS - Mexican Standoff

cuagliottimon
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby cuagliottimon » Dec 31. 2016, 14:59

im a big fan of cruz and i was hoping a ko win over cody, but cody did a great job, he showed amazing movement and a good composure making cruz play his own game, cant wait for the rematch, im sure cruz will breakdown this fight and comeback stronger.
in the other side i dont see tj beating cody tjstyle is like a mimic of cruz but a little bit worse, with that presicion and power cody will finish tj in the 2nd.

Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Dec 31. 2016, 15:16

Would love to see a rematch. I think a rematch could go completely different. I would expect Dominick to be a lot less emotional going into the fight, study the tape, and come back better. Would be fun to watch again. Dillashaw would be a great fight too. Don't know if TJ will get KO'd, he might actually do better than Dom or worse. You don't really know, because it's about how you respond to your opponent and Dom & TJ both react differently. Would love to see regardless.

Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Dec 31. 2016, 15:19

moose84 wrote:
Kizzo wrote:TAM gets the last laugh.

TAM > DPI

They finally won something as a group

Dendra is our Dominick. We just need the right DPI member to get the job done like Cody. :c

stoneeh
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby stoneeh » Dec 31. 2016, 15:36

I never liked Dominik Cruz as a champion.. just like Aldo, Franklin, Ronda, and many more, he was a hyped up champ in a weak division that was easily defeated by a real world class fighter.. not to say that Cody is *that* special..
BUT - props to him for never giving up and being dangerous to the very end.
Last edited by stoneeh on Dec 31. 2016, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
Not politically correct and f**k YOU if you object.

Razz
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Razz » Dec 31. 2016, 16:37

Guys... I gotta point out a moment in this fight that is just absolutely legendary in my mind. I haven't seen anybody mention this yet.

Check out 21:38 in the video. 3:55 in the third round. Cody starts mocking Cuz after he opens up the gash on his eyebrow. Cruz wipes the blood on his hand and tries to slap Cody with it.

These dudes have to be two of the baddest mafuckers I've ever seen.

Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Dec 31. 2016, 16:57

Razz wrote:Guys... I gotta point out a moment in this fight that is just absolutely legendary in my mind. I haven't seen anybody mention this yet.

Check out 21:38 in the video. 3:55 in the third round. Cody starts mocking Cuz after he opens up the gash on his eyebrow. Cruz wipes the blood on his hand and tries to slap Cody with it.

These dudes have to be two of the baddest mafuckers I've ever seen.

Some of the most classiest fighters too. You should check out the post-fight press conference. Very respectful to each other and humble even in defeat and victory, respectively.

HandSofIgor
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby HandSofIgor » Dec 31. 2016, 17:05

paupre wrote:
poughboy101 wrote:
paupre wrote:I was surprised by this decision.  Garbandt had much better composure then I thought he would of as he was slipping and waiting on opportunities.  But I still gave the first 3 rounds to Cruz.  So even if you scored the 4th a 10-7 Garbrandt that would make it even going into the 5th.  Garbrandt  lay back so Cruz was the busier of the fighter advancing.  I do agree that Garbrandt let Cruz of in the 4th when he had him hurt which he even admit that he was caught up in the moment and didn't capitalize.
As for the next fight I expect Cruz will get a rematch, but I think both Dillashaw and Linneker would be interesting contests for him .

The only rounds Cruz won were 2nd and 5th. he got dropped like 4 times in the 4th no way Cruz won that. I would go back and watch it again if I were you. Maybe with some glasses. Cruz even said he got worked in the post fight.

I disagree the 1st was close but Cruz did more, we agree on the 2nd, the third Cruz got cut from a clash of heads that was exacerbated by a kick/knee (Even Garbrandt wasn't sure as he said both, I think Cruz stated by a kick) but even with that Cruz was the more active fighter with Garbrandt sticking with his slip and look for opening strategy.  The 4th round Cruz was dropped cleanly twice, one time when Garbrandt stepped on his foot and hit him in the body, and the last time when Grabrandt hit him in the armpit when he was off balance.  We agree on the 5th.  So as stated even if you go with the 4th negating the first 3 rounds Cruz won the 5th which would be how he won the fight.   I just listened to Cruz on the post press he admitted to he was caught in the transitions but never felt he was out of the fight or as you put it "was worked"

This

Dendra
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Dendra » Dec 31. 2016, 17:48

Guys, I've got a theory - Cruz wasn't 100% that night, at times looking like your typical brawler, etc. He says he was at his best, not injured and such, BUT Cruz is also a master tactician and it may vary well be that he wants his competition to underestimate him and judge him based on this performance.

He did look like age was catching up to him in the pre-fight interviews, so not sure if it's him aging or as I suspect some undisclosed injury that made him slow down (I'd bet my money on plantar fasciitis). In any case, he lost fair and square, not really sure what's left for him to do - should've retired after beating TJ to keep his mystique as the most dominant & elusive fighter of his era.
Real mean beats fake nice on any given day.

thundertiger
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby thundertiger » Dec 31. 2016, 17:58

Dendra wrote:Guys, I've got a theory - Cruz wasn't 100% that night, at times looking like your typical brawler, etc. He says he was at his best, not injured and such, BUT Cruz is also a master tactician and it may vary well be that he wants his competition to underestimate him and judge him based on this performance.

He did look like age was catching up to him in the pre-fight interviews, so not sure if it's him aging or as I suspect some undisclosed injury that made him slow down (I'd bet my money on plantar fasciitis). In any case, he lost fair and square, not really sure what's left for him to do - should've retired after beating TJ to keep his mystique as the most dominant & elusive fighter of his era.

I don't think its the end of the road for him at all. But he might not be a champ again. I'd be interested to see him at 145 he wouldn`t be undersized at feather weight and there are some interesting fights for him there. 
I'm not sold on your theory Den. He seemed fine and the fact that Cody didn`t chase him made it look as if Cruz was slower than usual. 
He`s never been lightning fast it`s more a case of he is already moving when his opponents come forward so he`s not just reacting, he`s already decided what direction he`s going to exit after his strikes. 
"A DARK age is coming, my friend, that shall cast you into a NO MAN'S LAND of despair! I mean REALLY dark, talking, like, an OBSIDIAN age here. Honest."

thundertiger
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby thundertiger » Dec 31. 2016, 18:16

paupre wrote:
poughboy101 wrote:
paupre wrote:I was surprised by this decision.  Garbandt had much better composure then I thought he would of as he was slipping and waiting on opportunities.  But I still gave the first 3 rounds to Cruz.  So even if you scored the 4th a 10-7 Garbrandt that would make it even going into the 5th.  Garbrandt  lay back so Cruz was the busier of the fighter advancing.  I do agree that Garbrandt let Cruz of in the 4th when he had him hurt which he even admit that he was caught up in the moment and didn't capitalize.
As for the next fight I expect Cruz will get a rematch, but I think both Dillashaw and Linneker would be interesting contests for him .

The only rounds Cruz won were 2nd and 5th. he got dropped like 4 times in the 4th no way Cruz won that. I would go back and watch it again if I were you. Maybe with some glasses. Cruz even said he got worked in the post fight.

I disagree the 1st was close but Cruz did more, we agree on the 2nd, the third Cruz got cut from a clash of heads that was exacerbated by a kick/knee (Even Garbrandt wasn't sure as he said both, I think Cruz stated by a kick) but even with that Cruz was the more active fighter with Garbrandt sticking with his slip and look for opening strategy.  The 4th round Cruz was dropped cleanly twice, one time when Garbrandt stepped on his foot and hit him in the body, and the last time when Grabrandt hit him in the armpit when he was off balance.  We agree on the 5th.  So as stated even if you go with the 4th negating the first 3 rounds Cruz won the 5th which would be how he won the fight.   I just listened to Cruz on the post press he admitted to he was caught in the transitions but never felt he was out of the fight or as you put it "was worked"

It wasn`t a clash of heads that cut him. It was a head kick like 10 seconds into the third round. About 20.40 into the video. Dom even said this himself in the post fight presser. Garbrandt 1,3 and 4( 10-8 )
1 was only close in volume Garbrandt landed the heavier shots and by the new scoring criteria damage out weighs volume
"A DARK age is coming, my friend, that shall cast you into a NO MAN'S LAND of despair! I mean REALLY dark, talking, like, an OBSIDIAN age here. Honest."

hitman
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby hitman » Dec 31. 2016, 23:42

absolutely dominant , i was happy for Cody and Alpha male team. it was a changing of the guard

hitman
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby hitman » Dec 31. 2016, 23:42

absolutely dominant , i was happy for Cody and Alpha male team. it was a changing of the guard

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ LOGIN HERE ]